Finding a filler tube O-ring

June 1, 2008 | By Richard Beatty


I’m restoring a 1964 Pontiac Bonneville two-door and I need an O-ring for the gas tank filler tube. I have tried the Internet and have had no luck finding one. Any help would be appreciated.


I’m surprised you’ve had trouble with this, as O-rings in every imaginable size and material are readily available.

You need to make fairly precise measurements and then order the appropriately sized O-ring in the right material. The seller should be able to recommend the best material for your situation but as a rule of thumb O-rings made from fluorocarbon are commonly used in automotive fuel applications so this should work fine for you.

Give Apple Rubber Products ( or Marco Rubber ( a shout and either company can help you.